Sunday, April 13, 2008

Trivial Pursuit

Just so you know, I invented Snow Skiing. Yup.

Let me tell you how it came to be. Back in High School two of my friends and I got caught up in this crazy little scenario. We found ourselves high in the back country with nothing but the clothes on our backs and a six foot two-by-four. It was the height of winter and we were racing. I don't know where we were going or why, all I know is that I had to get there before the other two, and I had to get there now!

Off we raced! Over hills and through valleys. Across great meadows and streams. We raced across the top of the snow with out falling into it as though it were frozen solid. At some point it occured to me to lay on top of my two-by four and slide down the backs of the hills and into the valleys, and so I did. Much to my surprise I didn't stop in the valleys but raced across them and up the next hill even gaining momentum until I launched off a peak and got major air! Not to bad for a roughly hewn two-by-four and a guy who weighs a buck seventy!

When I landed I became aware that several native americans were standing by watching me in complete shock. (Can you blame them?) They lead me back to their camp and fed me dinner. At some point during the night one of them dubbed me the "yellow flower" for my abilities (if someone could please explain the correlation between two-by-fours, sliding, getting air, and a yellow flower I am open to suggestions).

So, the next time you are playing trivial pursuit and are asked who invented snow skiing, what the first snow ski was made of or if you are asked to interpret a pictograph of a yellow flower you will know. You can thank me later.

Aren't dreams a crack up???

4 comments:

bluestocking23 said...

LOL. I've been having some doosers but then I can't remember them properly when I wake up. I wish I could and I sometimes wish I had a PhD in dream analysis. I would love to know what they mean!

AnJ. said...

Alright, after reading Tim's blog, and now yours, I've decided all you Brodericks are nut jobs.
The End.

Jayrod said...

Ha! It is true! It took you eleven years!

Ambo said...

This is boring!!! no water was spiled, no sleep walking, no freezing cold wife because you pulled off all of the covers!
:)