Tuesday, April 1, 2008

The Godfather



Let me just tell you a little something about me and food. Ambo was reading her scriptures today and came across a verse she felt compelled to point out that it reminded her of me. . I can not disagree.

Today I had the honor of going to Gandolfo's. Derek, a fellow student, has been talking up this eating establishment for months and today I finally gave in. He ordered the "urban cowboy", and I cornered the "Godfather", a foot long bun filled with breaded chicken breast strips, marinara sauce, and mozzarella cheese. And I topped if off with a side of "Mermaid Salad".

Wow, if that sandwich had been wearing a ring I would have kissed it and excepted his "offer I can't refuse."

And so, if you are in the mood for a wide range of sandwiches including several vegiterian and breakfast offerings, salads and soups, I would have to join Derek in ushering you through these doors. I don't think you will be disappointed.

Does anyone else have any eating establishments they would recommend to me? I am not above driving or even flying to partake!

8 comments:

Jessica Pears said...

Mmm-Gandolfos.

My recommendations: If you like Mexican food I highly endorse the Deep Fried Taco at "Mattas" in Mesa, AZ or for something a little closer to home..."La Casa Don Miguel" on Main Street in Cedar City (453 South Main, to be exact). YUM! And I'm not a huge fan of Mexican food.

And if you like pizza you should try the Pizza Factory in St. George.

Now I'm very hungry...thank you very much.

bluestocking23 said...

Here, here! We discovered Gandolfo's just after we moved - and what a YUMMY treat it is.

AnJ. said...

Just don't try to go to Gandolfo's like Clint and I did at 8:10 last Saturday night. They close promptly at 8:00p.m. What is it with this town?
I second the Pizza Factory for sure. Jess, did you know there is one in Salt Lake? YUM!! I so love their twisty breadsticks and they have the best ice. :) (which is very important you know!)

Clinter B. said...

You should have a Gandolfo's breakfast sammie... (drool)

Clinter B. said...

You should have a Gandolfo's breakfast sammie... (drool)

Clinter B. said...

I hear there's a really sweet place on 800 West that kicks out delicious brat's twice a year.

This Saturday at 4:15 they're kicking out a bunch, you should go.

Jayrod said...

I do love a good Brat!

Mandy said...

Mmmnnn....food...

I love Gandolfos also, but my favorite place for a good sammy is Jimmy Johns. They have them in St. George, and I'd eat there all the time. The just opened one on Fort Union, so you'll have to check it out!

I'm also a big fan of Curry in a Hurry, they have one in Bountiful now. Oh, and if you like breakfast food, there is this hole in the wall in Salt Lake. It's in the basement of a medical building on the corner of 100 South and 1100 East (south west corner). They keep changing their name, but the food stays the same.